Creative Thinking Prompt: Look At It Another Way
Look at your surroundings in new ways to gain fresh perspectives.
What would it be like if you…
- Stand on top of your head so you are looking at the world-upside down.
- Wear a pair of color-tinted glasses.
- Use a magnifying to look at something up close and something far away.
- Pretend you are a tiny insect, looking upwards.
- Pretend you are an eagle flying through the sky, surveying the ground below.
- Pretend you are a new student at your school.
- Pretend you are an alien and just landed on Earth.
- Pretend you are traveling to a country where you don’t understand the language.
- Pretend you are the principal of your school.
- Pretend to switch bodies with your best friend.
- Pretend to be a spoke in your bike’s tire or a wheel on your skateboard.
- Pretend to be the ball in a kickball, baseball, soccer or tennis game.
Think Deeper: Choose one of #4 – #12 perspectives. Imagine that perspective from a 360 degree perspective. Write a short story or poem or letter to a friend based on that perspective.